Friday, 27 May 2016

After exercise...

Good afternoon Moonbeams

Are how are? I hope you are all well and happy and looking forward to the weekend. Here in the UK it is a long weekend, a bank holiday, which is usually indicative of some not very nice weather...

When I had dogs, it never bothered me what the weather was doing as I would be out in it irrespective. As I don't have them anymore, the weather has started to bother me. I appreciate it is still the same weather and therefore it is me that has changed. This is true.

But, how have I changed? I can't put my finger on it exactly. I know I am more mellow and less sarcastic but I had put it down to apathy. I just couldn't be bothered with stuff/people/situations so I didn't get involved or at least involved enough to warrant a response.

I know my attitude to myself has changed. I have always been conscious of using cruelty free products on myself and I have always hated synthetic fibers, so I would and still do only wear natural fibers, especially next to my skin.  Mainly though,  I have started to get picky about what I will put in myself and I pay a lot more attention to food now than I ever did. I have been organic, food wise, for a long time and my attitude to meat and animal cruelty is definitely more pronounced than it ever was. And then, to top it all off, I thought it would be a good idea to exercise.


Well it wasn't quite what I expected. I didn't expect the room to spin and to feel sick from it! It is a lot more physical than I had imagined it to be. Obviously my complete lack of research on yoga and what it is definitely caused a shock to my old system!

I also suffer from cramp in my feet and toes and I wasn't surprised when I had to drop out for 5 mins as my right foot cramped up. This in itself isn't an issue, I get it a lot. What was the issue, was,  I didn't have any Obsidian on me to help it to clear up in lickity split time. Seriously, I swear by Obsidian; If you suffer from cramps, check it out.  I also sacrificed 2 finger nails. This is my own fault. I knew they were getting too long and I needed to file them down, I just hadn't got round to it. I have now.

Driving home afterwards, feeling myself ache in parts of my body that I don't normally feel anything from, I thought "I am going to be in so much pain tomorrow...". But i'm not. I really am not. I imagine that because my body was in trauma from the exercise, I just went straight to sleep to block it all out and I woke up feeling pretty gosh darn great (not Friday feeling related at all*ahem*).

So, what do I think? I think that on reflection, it was brilliant. I will definitely go again next week. Being more prepared, I will not eat a huge bowl of pasta at 6 o'clock as that definitely didn't help once I started torturing myself at 7.30. I will eat less, an empty stomach will kill me and I will wear my thermal socks from the start.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment