Thursday 26 May 2016

Exercise...

Good afternoon Moonbeams

How are you all?

Here in the Northish of England it has been warm and lovely and cold and miserable. I saw a fabulous word today that was describing the weather, mizzley. Mizzley, isn't that a brilliant word?

I appear to be living in limbo at the moment, I have nothing to report and I really couldn't tell you anything outstanding that has happened in the last few weeks. Nope, nothing.

Since my babies passed on 18 months ago or so I haven't actually done any exercise, as such. I sometimes wander aimlessly around some grounds but I don't actually go for a walk of a few miles most days like I used to do and did for 15 years and I miss it. I feel sluggish and "meh" a lot.  I do want another pup/s but my home situation has changed and I don't have my dog walker anymore for those days when I might not be able to get  home from work during a lunch break. Dog/s are on my mind a lot and I am sure that if it is meant to be, one will present itself...

Anyway back to exercising. I have been on to the interwebs for a look and there is a beginners yoga class not that far from where I live on a Thursday evening. I have never done yoga. I know people tend to talk highly of it but it just never appealed to me. But, then again, it didn't have to as I didn't have time as I had 2 Springer Spaniels who wanted to be outside all the time romping around and truth to tell, if it was pouring down, being outside with my girls was the best feeling in the world.

I do need to sort myself out, I am *cough* years old and basically *cough cough* aged and it is starting to show, I am getting a bit tatty around the edges and really slowing down. My appetites have changed too, I am mainly vegetarian most days and left to my own devices; but I still eat meat when it is put in front of me, and I haven't told my Dad.  He has enough on his plate (geddit?) without having to factor things like that in for me. I go around for tea one night a week and it's not really worth any hassle. He is a good cook and always cooks something from scratch for me. I suppose yoga is a natural progression...

So, I shall go and give this here yoga lark a try this evening and see how it goes. You never know I may become converted and totally evangelical on yoga and all things yoga related, i'm sure stranger things have happened.

I have asked upstairs, what do I need to know about attending this class and I have been given The Knight of Pentacles and Prudence. Another great word, Prudence, I love it.

The Knight of Pentacles talks to me of protecting my assets, of which, health is an important aspect so yes, this is a good idea.

Prudence talks to me of completion and of fulfilling goals. Between them, I need to look after myself and find wholeness again. A bit much for my first stab in a beginners class but on the whole and looking at the bigger picture, this might just be a giant step in the right direction of "sorting myself out"

Take care

The tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery: Robert M Place (Hermes Publications 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment