Friday 11 September 2015

Something for the weekend: 11/09/15 Water and Fire

Good afternoon Moonbeams,

How are you all? How has your week been? Mine has been a bit of a rollercoaster and I am looking forward to the weekend for lots of sleep and not much else.

As you know, I attend a circle in Morley, and on Monday I had the joy of facilitating the circle as the boss was on holiday. On the whole I think I managed 4-5/10. No doubt I will get feedback at some point, I know some will be kind about me but I also know others won't be. I enjoyed the experience immensely so even poor feedback wont upset me, it will all go towards improving and growing.

I have had a couple of hiccups internet wise this week again but my office got hard wired this afternoon so hopefully my day time internet will be strong and consistent now. Hot spots at home are still dubious. I may have to bite the bullet and get an actual phone line and internet connection... maybe.

But, back to the weekend, what do I have to look forward to? Sunday will see us mooching around York for a few hours meeting up with my chaps daughter and partner and his parents who are passing through York on their way back "oop" north. So that will be fun and I hope the weather is nice for us to be out in.

What does upstairs have to say though? The 9 of Cups and The Ace of Swords.

For this reading I am using The Byzantine Tarot (2015) from Cilla Conway and John Matthews. I was lucky enough to win this deck back in July when I attended a Tarot conference. The universe sent it my way so let's see what we have.
Actually, I have been reading a lot of deck interviews recently and I think I shall do a series of "An interview with ..." and work through my decks, especially those I use a lot.

Energy: 9 of Cups

This 9 is reminding me of the joy in life. I have the energy to dance through life at this time and to look at the world with good will and harmony. This energy will help me to tread lightly and skip and dance over hurdles and through problems.

Energy needs to flow in order to flourish, once it stands still it can stagnate or get stuck. I need to find my rhythm and get in the flow and enjoy it.

Advice: The Ace of Swords

In this deck, Swords relate to the element of Fire as they refer to the military arm of the Byzantine empire.

This Sword advises me to wield the sword of power to cut through the detritus to get to the heart of the matter. It also counsels cutting off the ties and conditioning that no longer suit me or help me. This is a freeing card, it says find what is important and let the rest go.

This is good, upstairs have made sure I have the energy and the tools to get to the heart of the matter without getting side-tracked or bogged down with the surrounding bumf. This is very encouraging indeed, roll on the weekend.

BB x




 
 
Byzantine Tarot (2015) Cilla Conway and John Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment