Sunday 12 July 2015

An Adventure - Deck Trimming (The End)

Good evening Moonbeams,

Well I have finished this project and I am SMITTEN! I am so happy with how they have turned out.
They are still a little large but definitely easier to work with and without the white border, the images on the cards seem more immediate.

If I was to do this kind of a task again (looking at you Druid Animal Oracle...) I would not be frightened to crack on.

What I have learnt: you need a guillotine. A proper sturdy desk one would be ideal. My Druid Craft still has a few slightly wobbly borders and a guillotine would make the task less intense and less wobbly... The antiquated wind up guillotine where I work now would be a nightmare but other offices I have worked in have very suitable ones. I wonder if Staples do small versions? I shall look into that.

Corner rounders/punches. What an amazing idea and so brilliant for what they do. I am so chuffed to be the owner of one now, it makes me feel less crafty challenged and more "got it together". It has made such a difference to the appearance of my deck and I am grateful to Claudia and Rose who both took the time to point me in the right direction.

When I finished the trimming and rounding, I sat and shuffled for a while and asked the deck how we were going to get on and it gave me the 3 of Cups. I believe we are going to get on very well indeed.

BB x



2 comments:

  1. They look great! I might have to try this myself... Where did you find the corner rounders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Alison,
    I was too idle to go and find any craft shops so I bought mine from Amazon and it turned up the next day. It's like a hole punch, but for corners.
    BB x

    ReplyDelete