Friday 31 July 2015

Something for the weekend 31/07/15

Good afternoon Moonbeams

How are you all? how has your week been? I have spent the week immersed in learning. Monday I went to the fabulous circle that is held in Morley, Leeds and as always, came away fired up and for the rest of the week I have spent as much spare time as I can find with my cards.

My cards told me about The Hierophant and The Magician for this week, both teachers and so I have been learning. My lesson came last night and I am still reeling from it.

This is not a new lesson but an old one that has surfaced many many times before. I thought I had finally cracked it, but obviously not. I know it is my own fault, I have dropped the ball. I need to get a plan of action together and get it sorted once and for all. This is not going to be quick and I imagine it will be with me for the rest of this year at least but hopefully I can get it together before 2016 starts.

Usually my first response to this kind of situation is panic and then entrenching myself deeply so that I can't move. I am hoping to handle it differently this time and with this in mind I have asked upstairs where I need to start looking in order to help me through.

I have been given Joy, The Wheel of Fortune and the 6 of Wands.

Theme: Joy

This is a bit hard as my usual reaction is not joyful or joyous but rather panic, darkness and misery. Obviously I am being told that my usual approach is wrong. This would be evident by the fact that this lesson has resurfaced, so my old ways of dealing with it need turning on their head. But what am I being joyous about? That I have this opportunity? It is a life lesson for sure and affords me means to grow and develop and to get a grip. Bearing Joy in mind, instead of my initial instinct of taking to my bed and hiding under my duvet and limiting all contact; I will go to our local agricultural show tomorrow and enjoy the blessings of the outside and the community and the fun it brings.






Dominant Energy: The Wheel of Fortune

Yes indeed, the wheel has turned and I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me. I definitely resonate with the words "round and round and round she goes, and where she stops? nobody knows" The Wheel of Fortune turns and spins and reminds us that we do not have it together. We may feel we have some control over our destiny, but we don't. The plus side, is that it will turn again sooner or later and I am only in this ditch for a while, it is not permanent. The Wheel of Fortune in the WU looks to me like a dream catcher with beautiful coloured ribbons as the net. The Dream Catcher catches all my positive thoughts, dreams and actions and lets all my negative aspects through to disappear into the universe. The Owl uses her wisdom and clear vision to guide me through this dark time, the moon and stars shine down to help me find my path and the sun is rising for when the wheel turns again.

Action: 6 of Wands

I will endure. I will conquer this twist of fate that has temporarily knocked me. I will emerge from this testing time in triumph! ok, maybe not at the head of a parade but the feeling will be the same.
Like the butterfly,  I will transform and rise up away from the thorns and confusion that currently hold me tight. I will be the Butterfly.

Well, I have had an old lesson presented to me to see if I can learn it properly this time. I have been advised to go about it in a new and different way as my old "re-active" way doesn't work. By approaching it from a different angle, I will have the chance to transform, develop, grow and rise above it. Joy might be pushing it a bit too far but I am certainly more heartened and cheered by these cards.

Wishing you all a joyful weekend BB x






Images used by kind permission of Collette Baron-Reid, The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards and www.thewildunknown.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very powerful situation, and a helpful reading. I love that Six of Wands - transforming and rising up! Good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete