Wednesday 8 July 2015

An adventure - Deck Trimming. (Part 2)

Good afternoon Moonbeams,

Well what a miserable few days we are having! My plants are going from scorched to drowned and they are not looking happy at all. I am out of sorts too and not feeling comfortable in myself.

On Monday evenings I sit in a fabulous open circle in Morley, Leeds and 15 minutes before I was due to set off I somehow managed to fling my big mug of scalding hot soup all over myself and scalded my tum and legs...  I was wearing the only clean pair of jeans I had so I had to cancel and stop in. When you have questions and are wanting answers, being forced to miss a circle is incredibly frustrating. This is just a physical example of how out of sorts I am at the moment.

I have taken solace in starting to trim my DruidCraft Tarot deck. It was terrifying! It took me days to pluck up the courage to make a start. Honestly I have put less thought into getting a tattoo (that might say something about me...)

First of all, I checked that all the cards were present and correct. They were, but I checked again.
then I messed around with measuring the fronts and the backs to see where I would cut. Very un-necessary. Eventually I made a start and it was quite scary. I was holding the card face up and cut along the outside edge of the inner border. I was so uncomfortable that for the 2nd card I turned it around so that I couldn't see the card and followed the border on the back. This was even worse.







On the whole I am chuffed, the cards look great (a little rustic but that is charming) and they are a much more manageable size for my butter fingers.

I need to find my small scissors as I need to straighten up some of the more wobbly edges, but maybe not all of them. I imagine it would be very easy to eat into the border.
 
Then I need to work out how I am going to round the edges. Really, how am I going to round the edges off?  This definitely requires tea and the best biscuits money can buy to help me through.
 
BB x


5 comments:

  1. Search for "corner punch" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in the US Amazon sells a 5 mm 'corner-rounder'. Perhaps you might find something similar in your neck of the woods. I trimmed my DC, too, right down to white and I'm much happier with it. The corner-rounding is by far the easiest part of any deck-trimming job. Your cards look very nice btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose,
    Thank you for that. I will be the proud owner of a rounder in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if there is a Trimmed DruidCraft Appreciation Society anywhere ? there is a lot of love for it indeed.
    BB x

    ReplyDelete