Thursday 2 July 2015

An adventure - Deck Trimming. (Part 1)

Good afternoon Moonbeams,

Well I took a day off today, and picked the only cloudy and rainy day of the heat wave, I'm blessed that way. I had a week off about 2 months ago and it rained for the whole week then too...

On a brighter note, my new copy of The DruidCraft Tarot arrived via Mr Posty this morning. This is always exciting but this is a frightened kind of excited.

I have had my copy of The DruidCraft for many years and I think I paid £20-£25 for it, I can't remember which but I love this deck so it is worth it. Unfortunately it is a huge deck and for me, it is a bit unwieldy and hard to shuffle.

It must have been a year ago that I first came across deck trimming and I was interested but didn't really think that much about it. Then it came up again, and I thought the deck used looked fab for being trimmed but again, didn't think any more about it. This year it has came up again twice and the deck used both times was The DruidCraft, I was fascinated and hooked. As I love my deck I didn't want to risk ruining it but I wasn't going to go out and buy a new deck just to cut down. I may be a bit reckless with money but I couldn't justify that.

Then, because the universe likes a chuckle as much as the next guy, I got a message out of the blue from someone I don't know saying that they had seen my wish for a DruidCraft to trim, they had a brand new one still in its cellophane and if I was interested it was mine for a fiver! £5.00! That is right folks just five pound coins of the realm. Once I picked myself up off the ground, I said yes please and thank you very much.

Now it is all very well, reading about trimming from people who appear to be crafty showing their neatly trimmed and fabulous looking cards and me doing it. Hence the universe wanting to chuckle at my clumsy and hamfistedness expense. I have happily gone through life with the belief that myself and my life are Persian Carpets, we have flaws as only Allah is perfect (obviously substitute Allah for whatever deity/diving concept works for you). I have been happy with wonky eyeliner, my cooking is along the lines of "it will be fine" and my knitting has small holes in it where I have messed up the M1 stitch and I am happy with this, I like the rustic charm of my life. But I don't want to mess this deck up.

So I have decided to take my time with this and also, as I will be spending time with each card, I have decided to consolidate all my tarot notes that are spread out over books and diary's and scraps of paper into one journal and create my own LWB along the way. Really 2 projects in 1.

Here is the pristine, brand new subject of my project in all its original glory:


 
 
I am looking forward to starting but also very nervous. I will really have to concentrate so my prayer to The Goddess is please grant me patience and a very steady hand.
 
Let the adventure begin!
 
BB x

No comments:

Post a Comment